Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Precious Moments Prayer Boy Doll In Pajamas




I was amazed when I learned from a co-worker that these dolls have been discontinued. They will no longer be publicly sold. The story she told described that atheists were complaining that they were "offended" that these dolls say a prayer. What kind of world did I bring my son into? What prevents them from ignoring anything they do not want to see? The dolls are clearly marked with the words "Prayer Doll", "Prayer Angel", etc. Precious Moments is a well-known Christian company. I had to go on E bay to buy him such a doll for Christmas because retailers had pulled them to be more politically correct. Atheists have the right not to believe, but what does that mean for those of us that do? I was not always a person of faith, and even now, I struggle at times. I am still a sinner. I am not always living the way Jesus would want. Yet, I always believed even though I was rebelling against church. I preferred having a choice. I do now. I found a church I love. I want my son to believe, but I fear that the world will do all it can to prevent that. I cannot believe that people can be so narrow minded as to think they are just with these decisions. These same people have insisted on enforcing the supplement of "Happy Holidays" for "Merry Christmas". This is the season for Christmas and without Christ, there would be no season to celebrate. I still say "Merry Christmas" and will teach my son about The Lord and I dare someone to try and prevent me from that! I am livid. Drew will be taught Bible stories and his Nana has already acquired a Bible storybook to get him started. I resent the world that the world has become. This country was founded by Christians. Even my Native American ancestors had their "Great Spirit". I thought that the soldiers that have fought and died for our freedoms died and sacrificed for a reason. Not so that the Christians would have to keep prayer behind closed doors. Hidden away in a closet like a secret. Merry Christmas all. If this offends you, I pray you will at least respect my freedom to believe the way I choose. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment