Baptism, Thanksgiving and What I Am Thankful For

Wednesday, December 1, 2010




I am fortunate to have been able to stay home with Drew after he was born for a full 6 weeks. My doctor talked me out of going on maternity leave too early because i would lose time with my boy. He was right. And I am strong enough that I could handle it.

The first "special" occasion that I can share was his baptism. Don't get me wrong, every day is special. Every hour, minute, second. And they are more than I will ever deserve, this precious life given to me. I wanted to share him with my church, dedicate him, vow to raise him to serve The Lord. I am not always able to take him to church because of work. Hopefully someday that won't pose a problem, though. Drew Aidan looked so handsome in his baptism outfit. Of course, God has a sense of humor, even in His own house. He spit up on his outfit after peeing through a diaper and a onesie. I have not been able to make myself buy off brand diapers, so this was a name brand diaper. I spent more time in the restroom cleaning up a dirty baby than enjoying all the family that was able to make it to the event.

It was special, nonetheless and moving. He is a young Presby now! :)




Thanksgiving was amazing, thanks to Justin and his uncanny ability to juggle everything that morning. I stayed at work until 11:00pm the day before Thanksgiving so I was little help with either the meal or the baby. He had just started sleeping through the night buying Justin a little more prep time. I did venture out to Meijer for the accidentally overlooked items lacking from our overstuffed pantry. Mainly little things like pumpkin pie and cornbread for corn casserole :-P...God love Justin he handled most everything. He even helped with Drew so I could clean up and take care of household needs. I am thankful for the family that was able to make it and for getting to see a long lost sister!

0 comments:

Post a Comment